If you have been using ibus-avro for a while, you may have encourtered this error when running apt-get update.
W: GPG error: http://download.opensuse.org ./ Release: The following signatures were invalid: KEYEXPIRED 1366357218
Lets see how to fix that.
- Open Ubuntu Software Center.
- From Top bar goto Edit > Software Sources
- Goto Authentication Tab and select the sarimkhan OBS Project key.
- Press Remove and confirm by entering your password.
- Now open up terminal and add the correcponding key for your OS, for example ubuntu 13.04
- Now you can update your software sources without any problem.
- Have Fun and keep rocking.
wget -q http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/sarimkhan/xUbuntu_13.04/Release.key -O- | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
If the command are not doing it for you, you have to do it on your own. After a long research on this problem i finally decided that the best thing to do was manually download the key and add it.This is how i did it. Go to Ubuntu Key-server(Click here). Here you can search your key. In my case it was
6AF0E1940624A220. Note while searching for key pre-append the key with 0x. So search for
Click on the link provided in the pub section. Copy the whole text(highlighted in below screen shot) from the page and save it in a file(say filename is key1)
Once you have copied the data to file. Save it. Then run the following command
sudo apt-key add key1
You will get an “OK” response.
And you are done. Repeat the procedure of other keys that might be missing. Then you can run sudo
and you will not get any error. Update happens smoothly. Do let me know if you still have any doubts.